Meet” organized on 3rd December, 2010
1. Dr. V. Siva Rama Prasad, Principal, NMREC
2. Dr. C.M. Vara Prasad, Director, Research Centre, NMREC
3. Dr. Divya Nalla, Vice-Principal, NMREC
4. Mr. Kishore Gummaraju, Sr. Consultant, Cap Gemini, India
5. Mr. S. Nagewara Rao, Retired Regional Manager, Indian Bank
6. Dr. K. Babu Rao, Director, Navayuga Infotech
7. Dr. T. Raghu, Scientist ‘F’ , DMRL, Hyderabad
8. Dr. V. Gopala Krishna, Scientist, DMRL, Hyderabad
9. Mr. A. Anand Rao, Scientist, DMRL, Hyderabad
10. Mr. Ch.V.S. Ramchandra, GM, ApGenco, Hyderabad
11. Mr. V.S. Ramana Rao,Business Development Manager, HCL
12. Mr. Ch. Vallabh, T.H, HCL
13. Mr. L.V.M. Satish, Manager Trainee, Kalwa Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
14. Mr. M. Narasimha Rao, Director, Involute Automation Pvt. Ltd.
15. Mr. Ch. V. Ananth, Manager, IDB
16. Mr. Ch.N.V. Phanindra, Tech. Support Engineer, Physitech Electronics
17. Mr. P.B.V.V. Kumar, Staff Application Engineer, Synopsys
18. Mr.Abdur Rahman, Net Matric Solutions
19. Mr. G.S. Suresh, CEO, Adroit Financial Services
20. Mr. Bharat, Manager, Adroit Financial Services
21. Mr. Zalfikar, Operations, Netmatric Solutions
22. Mr. P. Rahul, Director, Efficient Carbon
23. Mr. Dhanunjaya, Director, Thrive Energy Technologies Pvt.
24. Ms. A. Meghana, HR, UTS
25. Mr. Jagadish, Marketing Executive, UTS
26. Ms. Poornima, UTS
27. Prof. P.V.S. Siva Prasad, HOD, CSE, NMREC
28. Prof. Ramchandra, HOD, ECE, NMREC
29. Prof. K. Raghuram, HOD, EEE, NMREC
30. Prof. K.C. Arun, HOD, IT, NMREC
31. Dr. T. Mohandas, HOD, ME, NMREC
32. Prof. G. V. Anjaneyulu, HOD, MCA, NMREC
33. Dr. J. Yellaiah, HOD, H&SS, NMREC
34. Prof. I. Sudhakar, ECE Member, Research Centre, NMREC
35. Prof. Sada Siva Sarma, ECE, NMREC
36. Mr. A. Rajasekhar, HOD, MBA, NMREC
37. Mr. G. Venkat Reddy, HOD, M&PS, NMREC
38. Mr. D.B. Krishna Murthy, EEE, Member- Research Council, NMREC
39. Mr. J. Raghavender, M&PS, Member-Research Council, NMREC
40. Mr. M.P. Basant Singh, H&SS, Member-Research Council,
41. Mr. M.N.V. Ramesh, ME, Member-Research Council, NMREC
42. Mr. Hemanth Kumar Shastry, MBA, Member-Research Council, NMREC
43. Ms. C.M. Sheela Rani, MCA, Member-Research Council, NMREC
44. Mr. S. Anoop Kumar, ME, Member-Research Council, NMREC
45. Mr. T.V.S.M.R Bhushan, ME, Member-Research Council, NMREC
46. Mr. S. Vasu Krishna, ECE, Member-Research Council, NMREC
1. Principal extended a warm welcome to all the visiting
dignitaries, all the HOD’s other faculty and the members
of the Research Council. In his welcome address, he referred to
the good practices of the college and also appreciated the efforts
made by the Research Centre established in the college under the
leadership of Dr. C.M. Vara Prasad as the Director of the Centre.
2. Dr. C. M. Vara Prasad, Director, Research Centre explained
about the aims and purpose of the Meet.
In his address, he narrated that the Research Centre, a brain
child of the Secretary, Mr. Nalla Malla Reddy, is established
in the college on 1st August, 2010 with sole purpose of bringing
in the Research environment on the campus stressing the need of
Industrial Collaboration in achieving sponsored projects. He also
expressed the general view that a poor percentage of outgoing
graduates are found to be employable by the industries in public
and private sectors. He requested the visiting dignitaries to
advise the Institute on the academic gaps, if any, to make the
outgoing graduates Industry - ready and employable with confidence.
He sought assistance from the Industry on suggesting Industry-Oriented
Projects to be taken up by the final year students under the stipulations
prescribed by the affiliating University. He also brought out
the need of regular interactions between the faculty and the Industry
to take up meaningful research projects in collaboration with
the Industry for mutual benefits.
3. The following HOD’s made Power Point Presentations on
the strengths and expertise available in the respective Depts.
including the research activities undertaken by a few of the faculty
members. They sought the assistance of the Industries to strengthen
further the efforts of the Depts. in developing Industry Oriented
( i) Prof. P.V.S. Siva Prasad, HOD, CSE
( ii ) Prof. Ramchandra, HOD. ECE
( iii ) Prof. K. Raghuram, HOD, EEE
(iv ) Prof. K. C. Arun, HOD, IT
( v ) Dr. T. Mohandas, HOD, ME
( vi ) Mr. A. Rajasekhar, HOD, MBA
(vii ) Prof. G.V. Anjaneyulu, HOD, MCA
Prof. Sada Siva Sarma, a senior professor of ECE
Dept. also addressed the Meet bringing out the importance of Industry-Institute-Interaction.
Dr. Divya Nalla, Vive-Principal
narrated on the good practices being adopted in the Institute
with special emphasis on the discipline, teaching-learning practices,
technical activities, personality development programme and the
faculty development programs.
1. After a brief tea-break, the visiting dignitaries are invited
to express their view points. The following visiting professionals
narrated their view points. All the visiting personalities expressed
their appreciation for the novel beginning made by the Research
Centre of the Institute and volunteered to lend their helping
hand whenever required.
1. Dr. K. Babu Rao, Director, Navayuga Infotech
2. Mr. P.B.V.V. Kumar, Staff Application Engineer, Synopsis
3. Mr. Ch. V.S. Ramachandra, Chief General Manager, AP Genco
4. Mr. Abdul Rahman, Vice- , Netmatric Solutions
5. Mr. L.V.M. Satish, Manager (training), Kalva Engineering Pvt.Ltd.
6. Mr. Kishore Gummaraju, Sr. Consultant (SAP), Cap Gemini
7. Mr. S. Nageswara Rao, Retd. Regional Manager, Indian Bank
8. Dr. T. Raghu, Scientist, DMRL
9. Dr. V. Gopala Krishna, Scientist, DMRL
10. Mr. A. Anand Rao. Scientist, DMRL
11. Mr. V.S. Ramana Rao, Business Development Manager, HCL
12. Mr. Ch. Vallabh, T.H., HCL
13. Mr. G.S. Suresh, CEO, Adroit Financial Services
14. Mr. P. Rahul, Director, Efficient Carbon
2. After lunch, the visiting dignitaries visited
the respective Depts. and labs for closer interactions with the
concerned HOD’s and the faculty members of the respective
3. All the visiting professionals and other members have reassembled
in CFDM Hall for the closing session.
Dr. C.M. Vara Prasad, Director, Research Centre
has summed up the deliberations of the day.
He expressed that it is gratifying to note that
there is overwhelming response from the Industry for the invitation
as more than 25 professionals representing 20 organisations have
taken part in the Meet.
In summing up the proceedings, he brought out the
following view points expresses by the visitors.
• It is generally felt that there is a kind
of miss-match between the needs of the Industries and the academics
of the Institute as the Industry’s projects are time-bound,
Result-Oriented with short-time frames where as the Institutes
are constrained to follow the time frame/schedules prescribed
by the affiliating Universities.
The Industry-Institute-Interaction Meets such as the one organised
are important and the efforts of the Institute are appreciable
in taking the lead and it should be continued to achieve tangible
results by the collaborative efforts of faculty and Industry in
exchanging their views at regular intervals.
• The Institutes are advised to inculcate positive
thinking in students to boost up the confidence levels and they
should be given sound concepts in basics, made to apply the concepts,
system level approach to be adopted in learning process and the
students are to be trained to have adoptability to working conditions
of the Industry.
• It was suggested that a website may be created for the
Research Centre of the college.
• A few organisations offered projects to be taken up in
the fields of
- Wireless technology
- Non-destructive testing techniques
- Harnessing solar energy
- Introduction of renewable energy oriented electives with onetime
funding available from MNES
- Creation of Wi-fi system on the campus
- Solar street lighting on the campus
- AP Genco gave the details of various training programs offered
to graduate Engineers at their Training Centre on payment basis
• Personality Development programmes
may be introduced to build up
- Right attitude
- To analyse as what they know and to know what they do not know
- Improve communication skills
- Improve common sense and world-wide wisdom
7. The meeting ended with vote of thanks proposed
by Dr. Divya Nalla, Vice-Principal.
Dr. Divya Nalla Dr.
C.M. Vara Prasad
Vice-Principal Director Research