The Social Responsibility Club has been started in the college in the year 2017-18. This club gets together like minded students who are interested in working for the society. The Social Responsibility Club sometimes teams up with the NSS wing of the college in some activities.
The main objectives of SR CLUB are:-
- To create an environment where in students will embrace responsibilities to serve the community & society.
- The endeavour of the committee is to sensitise future best engineers, technocrats and scientists towards privileged and challenged class.
- It brings about momentous changes in society through interactions at the grass root level with regards to different segments such as education, health care and ecological care, .etc.
- It shares the social responsibility and further invites everyone to participate actively. It works hard to empower underprivileged add strength to the society.
The various activities conducted by NMREC Social responsibility Club include discussions and. campaigns proposing solutions for the following issues.
- Save energy & Save water - Child education & child labour - Orphanage & old age homes - Ecological issues such as minimise plastic usage, Sapling plantation - To create awareness such as Road safety- usage of helmet and seat belt while driving.
On every Thursday, students of various branches attend the meeting with great excitement and enthusiasm. We have formed a club named “Social Responsibility Club” to do something useful to the society. The meeting is being conducted by faculty coordinators. Nearly 70 volunteers join the meeting with different ideas. Based on their interest they present their roles as responsible social citizens. The students are divided into five groups namely,
- Clean and Green group
- Environment group
- Save water group
- Covid care group
- Charity group
The student coordinator Rohini.M. of III year CSE B has presented his findings and ideas on the environment topic and Sushmitha.M. and Nikhil.M. of I year CSE B presented on the topic of Clean and Green . Their presentations were appreciated by the faculty advisers of the club and also few suggestions were given to the presenters so that the team leaders could organize some awareness programs. Later in the discussion session, few of the attendees shared their views on different topics and also the faculty advised students to come up with new ideas in order to make the session more interactive.
On behalf of Save Water group, Sampreeti.N, Chaitanya.Y, Rashmitha.M., Chaitanya.V.and Anu.Y of I year ECE C presented the crisis of water along with significant facts like, how much water can be saved per month. Later the student coordinator Rohini.M. of III year CSE B of the Environmental group shared a video of students planting trees and playing their role enthusiastically as a responsible citizen on ‘WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY’.
The Clean and Green group came up with their new ideas on E-WASTE MANAGEMENT which was presented by Varsha.D, Deepthi.K, Udbhavi.M, Prasanth.G. and Rajeev.A of I year CIVIL. The presentations were appreciated by the faculty and few issues were raised and discussed with students. Suggestions were given by the faculty members of the club and motivated the students to participate in further activities of the club. One more activity was conducted on the title “ALTERNATE CLEAN AND GREEN TECHNOLOGIES’ by Akshitha.M. of I year AIML presented poster to showcase the difference between old and new techniques of clean and green.
The Covid care group presented the awareness program on the title of “MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT COVID 19 AND COVID 19 VACCINATION”. Manju Bhargavi..G and Narmada.B. of I ECE A presented a poster on this theme. On behalf of our social responsibility club, we are planning to conduct many more offline programs for the benefit of the society.
|Mrs. K.KAVITHA, M&PS Department|
|Dr. A.Kalirasu , EEE Department|
|Mrs. K.KAVITHA, M&PS Department|
|Mr.T.Ashok, M&PS Department|
M.Rohini, III CSE B